LESS Crime Act Tax Credit
LESS Crime Act Five-Step Process
1. Click here to register for pre-approval with the Georgia Tax Center. For step-by-step pre-approval registration instructions click here.
2. Within 30 days the Georgia Department of Revenue will send you a letter approving your registration.
3. You will have 60 days from approval to make your payment via check to the Statesboro Police Officer's Foundation. Payments must include a copy of your approval letter and state that the payment is for the LESS Crime Act Tax Credit. Please send checks and documentation to the Statesboro Police Officer's Foundation at: P.O. Box 2948, Statesboro, GA 30459
4. After receiving your payment, SPOF will send donors form IT-QLED-LEF1.
5. Beginning January 2024, taxpayers will submit form IT-QLED-TP2 with their 2023 tax filings to receive their credit.
Please contact us with any questions:
New legislation (O.C.G.A. § 48-7-29.25) allows Georgia taxpayers to claim tax credit for supporting local public safety efforts by contributing to qualified law enforcement foundations.
This program is currently open for enrollment and will take effect for the 2023 tax year.
You can register for the program now by clicking here and completing the additional steps listed on this page in time for your 2023 filing.
2023 Tax Credit Limits – LESS Crime Act allows the following tax credits of annual state income tax liability:
Single individual or head of household: $5,000
Married couple filing jointly: $10,000
Limited liability company (LLC), or shareholder of a Subchapter (S) corporation or partner in a partnership: $10,000
Large corporations: up to 75% of their state income tax